What you are going to do as a Lead Back-End Developer?
- You will solve business problems by aligning with product owners and translating the business demand towards the development team
- As a tactical team player, you will cover all the knowledge
- You will manage the projects by drafting API specifications together with the team, setting up new requirements for existing applications, checking the quality and developing yourself
- You will review code and delegate to enable others to deliver and set them up for success
- You are the teams technical voice when representing us towards third parties (suppliers and Government) and you will lead these meetings
Read more about this role below:
As a Lead Back-End Developer you will get a lot of questions we can’t back up with solutions right away. However, you are resourceful and like to take the bull by the horns and solve those challenging issues. You will translate the business demand towards our tech colleagues. From there you will guide and manage the project to a point where you find yourself in the feedback loop, in which you set new requirements for the application or introduce new tech. By delegating and enabling others, you’ll set them up for success
As a Lead Back-End Developer for our “Onderweg” App you’ll experience huge freedom to shape and mold your vision on the way we adopt and integrate the latest tech developments. We strive to be “the best app out there” with the highest quality and reliability we can offer to millions of users. Therefore “if the tech solves the problem, we’ll adopt it!
As the list of applications is growing, you will have to divide your time to multiple user stories simultaneously in different areas such as: on trip, road assistance (wegenwacht), parking, refueling, and electrical vehicle (EV) loading. You might find yourself in a situation where you formulate the story around the use of display panels in the “on trip application” during a meeting with a product owner in the morning. By lunch you’ll monitor the quality of a smooth transition of a third supplier in the parking application, and you’ll spend the rest of the afternoon setting up new requirements in the Realtime availability of EV chargers. The next day you will start with developing an application scheduled for this weeks sprint.
In the end a role in which you’ll be challenged to be our personal “wikipedia”, stimulate continuous development and improvement and make sure all applications run smooth.
Get an impression of our App:
Our tech stack
- iOS (Swift) and Android (Kotlin) mobile app
- Gitlab for CICD
- Kotlin & Java as backend
- AWS & Spring boot
- Apigee as API Gateway